Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War (Marvel)






How Everything Flows Together: As You can see it's all a linear storyline spread over seven comics so it all flows together like water. This won't happen all the time I promise.




The Storyline: Everyone knows the Civil War storyline so I won't go into detail on that. This is just the Civil War story from the point of view of Peter Parker/Spider-Man and what he goes through with joining one side and then switching sides all the while coming to terms with having told everyone his secret identity.




Artistry: It's pretty modern and sleek which is rather standard for anything I've seen illustrated after 2005 so it adds to the story and something that will translate well into the future. I mean it holds up a decade later now so that's a good thing.




How much I liked it: I did enjoy it but with this one there was something that bothered me every time I saw it.  In some panels as I was reading it would tell me to go read something else to go another comic I don't have to get the backstory of that scene.  I can understand why they would do that but it still bothered me as  I was reading it.



Final Thoughts: This was my my first foray into the Civil War world and I have to say I really enjoyed it.  Well worth the read if you want to see how the Civil War influenced the individual heroes.  I having more coming in   from other Libraries and i plan on buying all of them as well.


My Rating: * * * * 1/2 out of 5.



Up Next
The Road To Civil War

On Deck
Civil War

Flashpoint

Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia

Superman Codename: Patriot

Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom

Batman '66 Vol. 2

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again

X-Men: With Great Power

Batman/Superman: The Search For Kryptonite

Batman/Superman: Supergirl

All*Star Superman

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - The Journey Begins

Batman Vol.7 Endgame

Superman: A Celebration of 75 years

No comments:

Post a Comment