Sunday, January 22, 2017

Old Man Logan (Marvel)


How Everything Flows Together: Unlike most that I own this isn't a collection of different comic with the same overarching story it's a story from a single perspective more like a novel than anything and because of that it flows together perfectly. 


The Storyline:  This category I decided to add while writing this because I think it's just as important as the other 3 I have.

The storyline had me captivated from the first page which goes a long way in making it one of my favorites.  Millar  wrote an amazing and compelling story that I think really adds to the overall mythos of Wolverine which is something I love to see in my favorites like this.


Artistry: It's  modern one made in this decade so the artistry is something I would expect to see in a Graphic Novel.  McNiven is simply amazing.  As you can see  below everything is sleek and you can tell what it is. Having seen both the older style as well as the more modern I can say I like the modern more.  They both have their place and some may like the history of the old school style of illustration but for me it takes away more than it adds to the story (more on that next review)



How Much I Liked It:  I loved it.  All of the above categories helped make this something I couldn't put down.  Not every piece of literature is able to do this for me either in fact it's very rare so when I find something that draws me in it makes a massive leap on my all time favorite list.



Final Thoughts: I will try to be as objective as possible but keeping all bias and personal opinions out of this will be impossible so I won't even try.  For me Old Man Logan was a perfect storm of everything that makes something like this great.  I loved it and will be getting the rest of the volumes as I can.


My Rating: * * * * * out of 5



Up Next
Batman A Death In The Family

On Deck
A Lonely Place Of Dying

The Amazing Spider Man: Civil War

The Road To Civil War

Civil War

Flash Point

No comments:

Post a Comment