Sunday, January 29, 2017

Batman: A Lonely Place OF Dying (DC)



How Everything Flows Together:  It flows together pretty good.  It's the first one I read that has different titles in it  instead of just a single novel like story but the over all story does translate well from comic to comic which means I was able to follow it and stay in the story.  Not only that it's basically a direct sequel A Death In The Family so it flows pretty well from the river that one started.


The Storyline: Like I said above it's a direct sequel to A Death In The Family so it deals with the fallout from the death of Jason Todd (AKA Robin) and how Batman is coping, not very well.  It's also an origin type of story for Tim Drake (Robin #3).  Despite it covering a good bit of material it does a very good job of not feeling bloated or rushed.


Artistry: A bit dated like before but oh what a difference a year makes.  It may not have that ultra modern sleek look that some Graphic Novels have today but it's still pretty nice and I would say it translates pretty decent from 1989 to 2017.



How much I liked it: I liked it a lot more than A Death In The Family but not as much Old Man Logan.  It doesn't have the issues I had with A Death In The Family which is good but after reading it this one still kind of fell flat for me.  Good but not as good as it probably could have been had I read it by itself.


Final thoughts: It wrapped up everything nicely and was a rather fun read so again this is one I suggest to any fan of Batman.  Unfortunately you will need to read A Death In The Family for this to make any sense so try not to let it taint your view of this one like it did mine.

My Rating: * * * * out of 5



Up Next
The Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War

On Deck
Th Road To Civil War

Civil War

Flashpoint

Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia

Superman Codename: Patriot

Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom

Batman '66 Vol. 2

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again

X-Men: With Great Power

Batman/Superman: The Search For Kryptonite

Batman/Superman: Supergirl

All*Star Superman

No comments:

Post a Comment